2016 Awards Ceremony
Hosted by FT Columnist Lucy Kellaway, the Finance for the future awards welcomed over 180 guests at Merchant Taylors’ Hall on Thursday 13 October.
The invitation-only evening began with an interactive reception featuring three different hubs:
- Learning hub where guests found out what they could do to integrate sustainability into their business decision-making process including integrated thinking, natural capital accounting, social and human capital accounting and investor engagement.
- Creating hub where guests told us which of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals was the most disruptive to their business models and shared how finance and accountancy would help them to innovate to achieve this goal.
- Sharing hub where guests met with this year's finalists and learn more about their initiatives
To open the awards ceremony, His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales addressed the audience via video message.
The ceremony also featured the judging of the Innovative new idea category, where finalists pitched their ideas in front of a judging panel and the awards audience. The judging panel included:
- David Cruickshank, Global Chairman, Deloitte
- Jessica Fries, Executive Chairman, A4S
- Vernon Soare, COO, ICAEW
- Robin Stalker, CFO, adidas
Guests had the opportunity to vote for their favourite entry and helped the judging panel to decide this year’s category winner.
The Storify story of the evening - summary of the tweets collected from the awards ceremony using #F4TF - is also available here.
The awards booklet including the finalists case studies is available here.