Embedding an integrated approach
This award recognises the finance team’s leadership in embedding integrated thinking and decision making across their organisation. This will be transformational in achieving a sustainable business model and delivering long-term value.
This award is open to all organisations.
The entry can be EITHER for a particular approach OR strategy that is embedded across the organisation.
Organisations may have worked with external advisors in order to deliver approach or strategy. We welcome joint entries in these circumstances.
Examples can include, but are not limited to:
- Developing an integrated commercial and sustainability strategy which drives the way your organisation is run
- Organisations that have established a company-wide methodology to value their social, economic and environmental contribution with the aim of embedding natural and social capital accounting into their financial reporting systems.
- Incorporating sustainability issues into business decisions such as capital investment appraisal, procurement or R&D.
The entrant must demonstrate that:
Please ensure you have reviewed and understood the Conditions of Entry before submitting your entry.
Entrants are welcome to enter in more than one category. If you feel your organisation has successfully driven and embedded integrated thinking, you may also be taking the opportunity to communicate this to your providers of capital. If so, please do consider entering our category Communicating integrated thinking.
If you have any queries about the categories or awards process, please contact our Awards Manager at email@example.com.
Entries for the 2018 Finance for the Future Awards have now closed. This year’s finalists will be announced in August.
Please see below links to previous awards winners and highly commended projects or initiatives. In considering these, please note that categories in previous years were different from this year’s categories and that projects were considered innovative at the time of the attribution of those awards.
Large business category
- 2016 highly commended case study: Skanska UK established a companywide project to measure and value their social, economic and environmental contribution.
- 2015 winner’s case study: Scottish Hydro Electricity Transmission is making sure they account for social, environmental and economic factors when planning future capex projects.
- 2014 highly commended case study: Interserve has adopted a strategic framework to cover all the group’s operations; this includes social knowledge and natural capital.
- 2013 highly commended case study: Anglian Waters used collaborative thinking and behavioural change to improve their financial performance.
Public and not for profit sectors category
- 2016 highly commended case study: HM Treasury put the accounts of the public sector together into a structure resembling the private sector bringing all manner of benefits.
- 2014 winner’s case study: The Crown Estate’s new integrated accounting approach puts sustainability at the heart of their business strategy.