Investing and financing
This award is open to the lending, insurance, investing, capital markets and FinTech businesses. This award focuses on the internal processes of organisations from these communities. This award focuses on the adoption of an integrated approach across core investment and financing processes within financial services organisations.
Examples could include, but are not limited to:
- A bank, an asset owner or asset manager that has integrated sustainability into its core investment/lending principles, policies and/or strategy.
- A pension fund or other asset owner which has developed organisation wide approaches to integrate environmental, social and governance issues in investment mandates.
- An asset manager that has worked with its clients to shift investment to sustainable businesses, or has developed ways to integrate environmental and social considerations across the whole portfolio.
- A bank, asset owner or asset manager which has improved the sustainable credentials of its investing or lending function. This could include ethically-led criteria such as businesses that contribute to the local economies they operate in providing local employment, education and infrastructure.
- A hedge fund focusing on the long-term sustainable impact of investing.
In all cases, it is expected that the initiative, is, or has the potential to be, significant to the organisation as a whole, and reflects an approach that is being integrated across all initiatives, products and services.
This award does not include individual products or services. Please see our award Building sustainable financial products if your entry is focused on the development of new financial products or services, instead of the adoption of organisation-wide approaches.
The entrant must demonstrate that:
Please ensure you have reviewed and understood the Conditions of Entry before submitting your entry.
If you have any queries about the categories or awards process, please contact our Awards Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries for the 2018 Finance for the Future Awards have now closed. This year’s finalists will be announced in August.
Please see below links to previous awards winners and highly commended projects or initiatives. In considering these, please note that categories in previous years were different from this year’s categories and that projects were considered innovative at the time of the attribution of those awards.
Investing and financing category
- 2017 winner’s case study: SARAS is an environmental and social risk management system developed by Banco Pichincha in Ecuador as part of its commitment to sustainable development. It collects and then evaluates data to minimise environmental, social, reputational and credit risks to organisations.