We are looking for examples of good practice that could be transformational in building a sustainable organisation, while highlighting the role the finance function plays in innovation and integrated thinking.
Who can enter
The Awards are free to enter and open to all individuals and organisations globally, including businesses, charities, social enterprises, the public sector, education institutions, think tanks, collaborations and coalitions. Joint entries are also welcome.
Entering the awards is the perfect opportunity to raise your profile and be publicly recognised for your innovative approach. You will:
- Gain recognition as leaders in sustainable business.
- Showcase your good work and inspire, influence or inform others.
- Receive valuable feedback from our panel of assessors and judges.
- Join a community network of engaged finance leaders to share knowledge, insights and best practice.
The award categories
- Embedding an integrated approach (public and not-for-profit sectors)
- Embedding an integrated approach (private sector)
- Communicating integrated thinking
- Moving financial markets
- Driving change in the finance community
The Awards will also recognise Climate Leadership. The Climate Leaders will be selected among this year’s finalists from all the categories.
The judging process
- Due diligence: a) your entry is reviewed to check it meets the award criteria b) your last three years of financial statements are reviewed by a finance manager*.
- Half-hour interview about your submission, via audio or video conference call in July (dates to be confirmed soon), conducted by three assessors.
- Presentation to a panel of judges followed by questions, via a video conference call. The judging will take place on the 2 and 6 September.
Entrants will need to complete each stage successfully in order to move onto the next.
*Those applying in the ‘Driving change in the finance community’ category are exempt from submitting financial statements.
Involve the CFO.
This goes a long way to impressing the judges.
Show how your project delivers change and encourages others to adopt similar behaviours.
This is why the link between the project sponsor and the finance department is an essential ingredient: proving financial credibility is an important way to inspire action.
Provide good evidence.
These Awards aren't about CSR programmes. Sustainability should be integrated into the organisation's business model. We want to see sustainability within the mainstream thought process to unlock value for the future.
Say what the issue was, what you did and what the outcome was. Be consistent and logical.
Work with others.
Give examples of how the finance team have worked collaboratively with other functions to achieve your results.
Be unique, tell your story.
We want to see your energy, passion and finance expertise shining through.
How to enter
To submit your entry, you will then need to email the form(s) or video link and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications need to be written in English and within the word or time limit.
The closing date for applications is 14 June 2022.
Assessments will take place between 27 June and 8 July, and judging will take place in September.
Read the Finance for the Future Awards' terms and conditions.